In 2009, I kept a daily prayer journal. While going through a difficult and confusing situation, I wrote down a list of facts to help keep my focus on what was true. I’ve referred to that list many, many times since then.
And wouldn’t you know, I pulled it out this weekend.
I share it to help me nail down these truths once again and just in case it might help you, too.
- God is in control.
- God is good, loving and eternal.
- God’s word is true; my emotions are real but temporal.
- This is not how it will always be.
- There is coming a day when all will be made right.
- God can see the future and I cannot.
- In the darkest times, God is most at work.
- God has given generously; look at all He has done and I deserve none of it.
What truths are on your list of reminders?